A Smart Solution for Your Company's Communication Needs
In this article, I am going to explain the reason why I think Gmail for Business AKA Google Workspace is the best solution for your business when it comes to communication via emails.
I will go through the main points and trying to give you an objective view of the product and why I think it’s the best tool you can have as well as giving you a quick guide on how to get a Gmail for Business (Google Workspace Account).
Let’s start with the fact that I am satisfied user since years now. It was my first choice for different reasons.
Easy and Intuitive. Reliable. A lot of resources online. Great Customer Service and last but not the least, a product from a multi billion company.
But I also understand that this might not be sufficient for you to choose it and this is the first reason why you are reading this blog post.
- Is Gmail for Business Free?
- What comes Along with a Google Workspace plan
- The Bad and The Ugly of Gmail email for your Business
- Why Gmail email service is perfect for you SME Business
- Thinking Bigger: Will Gmail keep up with my business expansion plan?
- How to Create a Gmail Business Account (Google Workspace Account)
1. Is Gmail Business Free
Let’s address the big elephant in the room straight away. Gmail comes free only for personal use.
In case you want to use Gmail for business, you’ll need to purchase a Google Workspace plan. Google Workspace plans start at $6 per user per month.
This price is everything but prohibiting and the service you get in my opinion is invaluable, especially for the reason explained in the following point.
2. What comes Along with a Google Workspace plan
Your Gmail for business doesn’t only come with a simply email service but with a plethora of other productivity and collaboration tools as per below:
- Calendar: A shared calendar that allows you to schedule meetings and events with team members.
- Drive: A cloud storage service were you can store files and collaborate on documents with others.
- Meet: This comes also with a normal account however, it was important for me to emphasise this one a little more. Having a video conferencing service that allows you to hold online meetings with up to 100 participants it a pretty cool feature.
- Google Docs: Imagine this like an online version of Word. A web-based word processor that lets you create and edit documents with others.
- Google Sheets: Same as above this is a web-based spreadsheet program that lets you create and edit spreadsheets with others. Many of the Excel functionalities are there and Google is striving to get Microsoft Excel and Google Sheet aligned.
- Google Slides: Finally, a web-based presentation app that lets you create and edit presentations with others. Very close to PPT with lots of its feature but just on the cloud.
- Chat: A messaging app that lets you chat with team members in real-time.
- Security and management controls: A feature to help you protect your data and keep your account secure.
- Advanced collaboration tools: Aimed to ease the collaboration with team members on projects, no matter where they are located.
- Mobile apps: You can access Google Workspace on your mobile devices, and be productive on the go.
3. The Bad and The Ugly of Gmail email for your Business
Pros of having a paid version of Gmail (AKA Google Workspace) for you business:
Easy and Intuitive. Reliable. A lot of resources online. Great Customer Service and last but not least, a product from a multi-billion company. Moreover:
- Gmail is a well-established and trusted email service with years of experience.
- It offers a plethora of features and tools, including spam protection, virus scanning, and gives the chance to access it via mobile.
- Extremely easy to use and set up.
- It is Continuously in development since the main offering solution for Google.
Frankly, I found really hard to find cons on the service both on the web and as a user but here is what I can say
- Gmail’s storage limits are relatively low compared to other service but you are given a chance to buy more space.
- Slower Support compared to other providers due to number of email.
- Interface might not be as appealing as is could be in other “fancy” providers.
4. Why Gmail email service is perfect for you SME Business
Gmail will strike at your business need for a variety of reasons:
- Reliability: Gmail email service is reliable proven track record (around 1.8 billion users and counting). It is unlikely to go down or experience outages due to the level of service that Google is committed to, which is vital for businesses that rely on email for communication. Also response times when this might occur are lightning fast
- Security: Gmail is a secure email service that counts on up-to-date features to protect your emails from hackers and malware. These features include two-factor authentication (also known as 2FA), spam detection and virus protection, and finally encryption.
- Ease of use: Gmail is extremely easy to use and set up. Even if you are not familiar with email, you can quickly learn how to use Gmail also due to the amount of information available on the web.
- Cost-effectiveness: Gmail is overall, a superb cost-effective email service. The paid plans are very affordable which makes it easier for businesses to get more authority and brand awareness. This is one of the quickest and most effective cheap branding strategies I recommend.
- Integration with other Google services: Gmail seamlessly integrates with other Google services, such as Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Docs. This results in an easier way to manage your email and other business tasks from one place. Finally, this will boost your employee or colleagues productivity too.
5. Thinking Bigger: Will Gmail keep up with my business expansion plans?
The answer to this question is a sound “Definitely Yes”. Here is why:
- Gmail is scalable: As your business grows, you can easily add more users to your Gmail account. This will come with ease and for a reasonable amount of time
- Gmail is flexible: You can use Gmail for a variety of business tasks, such as email marketing, customer support, and project management. As your business grows you’ll need more time to focus on important things and having Google Workspace at your side will be a plus
- Gmail is backed by Google: Google is a Multi-Billion trusted company with more than 20 years of breakthrough records in security reliability and innovation.
6. How to Create a Gmail Business Account (Google Workspace Account)
This is super easy and you can follow these simple steps:
To create a Gmail for Business account, you’ll need to purchase a Google Workspace plan. Google Workspace plans start at $6 per user per month. Once you’ve purchased a plan, you can create your account by following these steps:
- Go to the Google Workspace website.
- Click “Start free trial.”
- Enter your company’s name and domain name.
- Create a username and password for your account.
- Click “Create Account.”
As you could see from the article, Gmail email offers a lot for your business. Whether you are just starting out of you want to switch providers, Google Workspace gives plenty of options for you and your team to collaborate and thrive.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment!
Non aspettare che il tuo business sparisca nel web!